President Obama outlined the new strategy for gun control on January 5, 2016. His new order was based on the improvement and the effectiveness of National Instant Criminal Check System. The following information is the main points of President Obama’s fight for gun control:
- President Obama ordered the Federal U.S Attorney to collaborate with local and state authorities to improve the prevention of domestic gun usage.
- Money has been allocated for education against the use of firearms.
- The Department of Defence is to conduct research about gun technology and to increase the minimum requirements for gun licenses.
- He also ordered the Department of Defence to stop the sales of the most dangerous weapons to the general public.
- Civilians who own the guns should register their guns. While making the registration, a higher authority will determine what types of guns are too dangerous for the public to use.
- The communication between the state and federal authorities should be enhanced regarding a person’s criminal history and those with criminal histories be prevented from buying weapons.
- President Obama instructed the authorities to make the process accurate and efficient to implement the changes as soon as possible.